For the past week, I’ve lived on these healthy zucchini bowls for breakfast, and I feel awesome!
Zucchinis are so abundant right now, and this is a great way to use them up.
To make this entire bowl, you’ll need about 5 to 10 minutes and a skillet.
You need 1 zucchini (yellow or green squash), a handful of shredded green cabbage, an avocado (I use 1/4 to stretch it out), pistachios, and an egg. See? Simple.
Easy Meal Prep for Healthy Eating on the Go
If you shred a whole head of cabbage, you can just keep the extras in a bag in the fridge. This accomplishes most of the prep work so you can just cook your breakfast fresh daily and reach for the pre-cut greens.
Substitution Tip: If you’re not a fan of cabbage, you could just as easily substitute baby spinach or arugula. Point is, get those greens!
To support a cleansing morning detox, I recommend drinking a warm cup of water with a slice of lime or lemon with this meal. You can also spritz the avocado with lime for an added Vitamin C boost that tastes yummy, too.
If at all possible, try to choose organic ingredients and pistachios roasted with just salt (no oil). Use a small amount of extra virgin olive oil for cooking.
High Protein, High Fiber Breakfast for Pregnancy (or Weight Loss)
I just want to point out that this is an incredibly healthy breakfast for anyone looking to naturally support their bodies for major life events, such as pregnancy or weight loss.
Eating whole green vegetables and proteins like egg and nuts helps regulate blood sugar because those nutrients break down slowly, rather than quickly.
Regardless of your goals, this is a really fun summer breakfast, and I hope you’ll try it!
More Zucchini Recipes
- Healthy and Moist Zucchini-Carrot-Parsnip Bread
- Miracle Chicken and Zucchini
- Fried Yellow Squash Chips
Detox Zucchini Breakfast Bowl
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash cut thinly
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage spinach or arugula
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 20 roasted pistachios
- Sweat: In a medium skillet, cook the zucchini in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper until slightly brown and you see some of the moisture releasing from the vegetable.
- Saute: Add the green cabbage and toss to wilt, about 2 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl. Crack an egg in the skillet and scramble. Season with salt and pepper and place on top of the vegetables. Add the avocado and spritz with lime juice. Garnish with pistachios. Enjoy!
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which may pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you!