Ready to get your bubbly on with some stylish mojito mocktails? I wanted to dub these drinks “mint lime-os” until I realized that word is more fun to say than to spell – plus, don’t we all know these as mojitos?
Either way, these mint lime sodas are really refreshing and easy to make.
On the topic of mojitos, this is actually step-by-step how you would make a mojito minus the white rum. If that’s the kind of drink you’re going for, by all means, add yourself a shot of rum (or gin) and kick back and enjoy life.
To make these natural refreshers, you can buy sparkling water or make it quickly using a soda stream and then serve in a glass or beverage dispenser for a party.
What’s in this natural soda?
- fresh lime
- fresh mint
- simple syrup (sugar + water + heat)
- sparkling water (unsweetened)
- optional mojito: add a shot of white rum or tequila (*just tried this and it’s oh-so-good)
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which may pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you!
How to Make These Natural Mint-Lime Sodas
Bring 1 1/4 cups (50 g) mint leaves with 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) water, 1 cup (200 g) sugar & 1 slice lime to a boil. Turn off the heat after 5 minutes and steep for 1 hour.
Strain the mint and lime using a fine mesh sieve. Press to release all those minty, limy flavors.
Boil again to make the infused liquid more like a syrup (15 minutes). Pour the syrup in a clean glass jar. Put it in the fridge; it will keep for months!
Release more minty oils with a bar muddler or spoon. Add a splash of syrup and drink with ice-cold sparkling water and fresh lime slices. Sneak in a splash of white rum to make it a mojito.
Simple Mojito Recipe:
Think of the below soda recipe as your basic mojito mix. You just add up to a shot of alcohol to make it a mojito cocktail. I did a little research on the best white rum for a mojito and here they are:
Bacardi Silver Rum
Appleton White Rum
Havana Club Anejo Rum
Mount Gay Eclipse Silver Rum
Cruzan Light Rum
You can read more about these rums here.
Hope you guys enjoy these all natural soda pops as much as we do! Don’t forget that ice, ice baby. dun dun dun dun dun dun.
Mint Lime Soda
- 1 1/4 cup mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lime sliced
- carbonated water no sugar added
- Bring mint leaves, water, sugar, and 1 slice of lime to a boil in a small pot. Turn off the heat after 5 minutes and let stand (infuse) for 1 hour.
- Strain the syrup, return it to the pot and simmer down to a syrup over medium-high heat, about 15 minutes.
- Pour the syrup into a bottle and refrigerate. It will keep for months.
- Drink with ice cold sparkling water, fresh mint, and lime slices. Add a splash of white rum to make it a mojito.
Thank you for being here! Did you make this recipe? Click on the star rating or leave a comment below. I’d love to hear how you got on. Connect with me @thefrayedapron on Instagram or Pinterest.
Just in case you’re looking for some more Latin type dishes to serve alongside your mojitos, here are a few favorites to try:
Looks very refreshing!
Refreshing as fresh ingredients can be:)