Nothing says refreshing more than sparkling water and lemonade. This drink is both: equal parts sparkling water and lemonade with a dash of salt.
It’s an all-natural soda with a salty sweet twang to refresh yourself (and use up a mess of lemons while you’re at it). It’s quick and easy to make, and I recommend blending in a bit of ice if you want a sparkling slushy. SO GOOD!
If you’ve had San Pellegrino, this is exactly like that only no natural flavors.
Here in Arizona, we have an abundance of free lemons, but I notice a lot of people don’t use them. I nearly choked when my mom announced out of the blue that she wanted to cut down her lemon tree. I forbade it and pledged to take every last lemon from her tree.
What to do with that lemon tree (and all those *free lemons)
It hurts to see lemons on the ground when they cost 50 cents a piece, especially when lemons are so useful. In the spirit of helping you enjoy that asset, try adding lemon to this warming ginger tea. There’s also:
- This essential lemon sauce will change your cooking life. Try it rubbed on kale for a fresh salad or use it as a finishing sauce for grilled meat and vegetables.
- All the dessert. There’s this lemon custard ice cream, lemon bars, or the angel food cake (try it with a lemon vanilla glaze).
How to Make Refreshing Homemade Lemon Sodas
Nothing about this drink is complicated, but you do need cold sparkling water or a soda stream. I like to carbonate my own water and typically sweeten with raw cane sugar or honey.
You will need to halve about 10 lemons to make 2 drinks. I like to squeeze them over a strainer that’s set over a medium size bowl. Add the pure lemon juice to the blender with between 2-4 tablespoons of sugar. I really love the flavor of raw turbinado cane sugar, and I think it dissolves better than honey.
It may sound strange, but please try this drink salted. Add minimum 1/4 teaspoon salt (I like to really taste the salt, so I recommend tasting and adding more).
Serve the drink right away for maximum fizziness and top with a dash of freshly ground black pepper. Bottoms up!
Homemade Salted Lemon Sodas
- 10 lemons juiced
- 2-4 tbsp raw cane sugar honey or agave work, too
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- ice cubes
- 4 cups sparkling water
- freshly ground black pepper optional
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, cane sugar, salt, and 2 handfulls of ice cubes. You only need to add a splash of sparkling water to cover the blender blades. If they are fully covered by the lemon juice, proceed without adding the sparkling water. Blend on high to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the lemon mixture into 2 glasses, filling halfway. Top with sparkling water. Stir and taste. You can add extra sugar or sparkling water until it tastes just right for you. Garnish with a bit of black pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which may pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you!
It was perfect the first time. I learn so much from you as well! Keep it up great post.