The other day, I developed this awesome thin crust pizza dough recipe, and decided to finish off the dough dessert style. You guys are going to love this dessert pizza. It’s so easy to make, and it just screams of love and spontaneity.
What Makes This a Dessert Pizza:
This pizza dough gets smeared and baked with honey then dusted with powdered sugar. For an even sprinkle of powdered sugar, I like to do this part with a strainer.
It tastes as good as it looks: chewy, crispy, and sticky – equal parts sweet and savory. Actually, you could think of this as a backdrop for chicken (like chicken and waffles). Find out how to cook juicy, crispy chicken thighs right here.
As you can see, I made 1 giant pizza, but you could just bake individual size pizzas until you run out of dough. I’m actually picturing this as a really fun dessert for a party because it’s novel and, come on, who doesn’t love a powdered sugar dusted yeasty dessert?
Let me know what you think…
- 1 recipe thin crust pizza dough
- 3 tbsp raw unfiltered honey
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Use floured hands to shape the dough over a piece of parchment paper. Let rest for 15 minutes to develop some air bubbles.
- Add spoonfuls of honey around the dough, but avoid placing it too close to the edges. It will spread out a lot as it bakes. Transfer to a pizza stone if you have one (or bake on top of a sheet pan) on the middle rack: 9 minutes.
- Remove and top with a dusting of powdered sugar. Cut and serve hot.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which may pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you!