Up until recently, I knew nothing of the merits of burrata compared to mozzarella. Turns out, there are many. You are in for a real treat today.
Assembled and cooked in under 20 minutes, this recipe is easy as pie to make. Yet, this simple pizza might be the most decadent thing to grace your table. It’s all due to the magnificent creaminess that is burrata cheese. Stringy in places, like mozzarella, there’s also a melt-in-your-mouth (clotted-cream?) quality.
If you can’t get burrata, don’t let a little thing like that stop you! You really can’t go wrong with affinities like…
- pizza sauce
- thinly sliced pancetta
- fresh basil
Also, zero qualms about buying pizza dough. In my world, a freshly sauced and topped pizza beats a frozen pizza, and a frozen pizza is better than no pizza at all. See where I’m going with this?
It’s all a matter of degree and practicality. For those of you feeling inspired to make your own dough, here’s my tried-and-true homemade pizza dough BUT if you have the ability to grill this pizza, then you should definitely make this flatbread dough instead for the grill.
Either way, this burrata pizza with pancetta recipe will impress. Let me know if it makes it into your regular rotation. Do you have a designated pizza night?
Burrata Pizza with Pancetta Recipe
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- 1 3-oz package pancetta thinly sliced
- 1 oz fresh basil
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 500°F and move pizza stone (if using) to the center rack. Stretch out your pizza dough on parchment paper dusted with rice flour or corn meal pressing from the center toward the outside edges. Place stretched out dough and parchment paper on the peel.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on the dough and hold peel directly over the stone at a 45° angle. Pull gently backward (toward yourself) and the dough should slide onto the stone. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with burrata, pancetta, basil and red pepper flakes. Put back in the oven for another 2-4 minutes. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Thank you for being here! Did you make this recipe? Click on the star rating or leave a comment below. I’d love to hear how you got on. Connect with me @thefrayedapron on Instagram or Pinterest.